Friday 17 April 2015

Toy Hack Reflection

Media Arts
Toy Hacking
Lacey Reid
Friday April 17, 2015

Toy Hack Reflection:
a.                  If you were to box and try to sell this item, how would you describe it and its purpose?  (3 sentences)

Punk Rock Tigger! Great toy for kids into the punk rock genre! Tigger loves to rock out to your favorite songs with you!



b.                  What do you like most about the new toy? (3 sentences)

I really like his Mohawk and the pink patch on his back. I just really like the material and how soft it is. I also like how the pink patch looks on the brown fur of the body


c.                   What do you like least about the new toy? (3 sentences)

The stitching. It not the cleanest and it’s a little too noticeable in some places. It was also really frustrating to try and sew things together with the fur and fuzz getting in the way and knotting around the thread.


d.                  What would you do if you were to re-do this assignment?  (3 sentences)


I would probably plan it out a little better, I kind of just started with the head and went from there just adding random pieces that I found, without really having a clear idea of what I wanted it to be/look like in the end. I would also try to stay away from furry/fluffy/hairy/fuzzy material because it’s a pain to sew through it when the fur/hair/fuzz/fluff keeps knotting around the thread. If I could re-do it I would also add bat wings because I really wanted to use the handles on the body to make wings but it wasn't working properly so I scrapped the idea and just stitched a pink patch to its back instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment