Thursday 9 April 2015

Art Movie

Name: Lacey
Date: April 9 2015
Class: Media Arts
Assignment: Art Movie
Medium: Adobe Premiere Pro

TECHNICAL
Almost all of the technical steps I used were new to me. I’ve done things like this on Windows Movie Maker before but I’ve never used Adobe Pro. Adobe Premiere Pro has more features then Windows Movie Maker a lot of which I’ve never used before.

IDEA OR CONCEPT
The idea I had for this piece was to create a sense of chaos by using chaotic scenes together with calmer but still tension filled ones. ie the chaos going on outside with the high tension situation of the heat quickly rising. Then at the very end I would use a photo of Oliver Sykes and make it seem like everything that happened was all in his head.

There was a point where I almost changed my idea. I was trying to get the zoom for the photo of Oliver at the end to work properly but it wasn’t working out how I wanted it to, I got so frustrated that I almost took it out completely but I kept at it and eventually got it to work. It’s still not the way I had envisioned it but it’s close.

INFLUENCES
I’m not sure if I really had any influences for this one, I kind of just went for it.

COMPOSITION
I used the inverted effect on the “CC Smash” clip at the beginning to put emphasis on the explosion he caused when his fist hit the ground. I also added a timer that glitches and ticks down rapidly to put emphasis on the fact that the heat was quickly rising and they were running out of time to make it stop.

MOTIVATION
I was motivated by the idea in my head. When we were given the assignment I immediately formed an idea of what I wanted to do in my mind and I just stuck with it from there. I was determined to take my ideas and make them reality and it worked, maybe not exactly how I wanted it to but close.

As for visual ideas I wanted to try mixing clips from newer media with older media and I think it turned out pretty well.

CRITICAL ASSESSMENT
I think the invert effect with the explosion looks pretty cool and it worked pretty well to. I also like how when I added the music I noticed that some of the video clips matched it already, (the beat of the music go’s with the actions of the characters.)

The thing that surprised me was how hard it is to actually make an art movie. It’s not too hard to come up with the initial idea but once you actually start putting it together it’s not the easiest thing to do. Things don’t always work out the way you planned it, the idea might have worked in your head but looked like absolute crap on the computer, once you start the process of putting the movie together it becomes unpredictable, anything can happen.


With additional time I would probably do more with the photo of Oliver at the end. The zoom didn’t work the way I wanted it to and no matter how hard I tried to get it right nothing worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment